20101007

Post with regard to Youtube video 'Kettlebell Pressing/Gym Movement'

I chose to test these movements, for they tested well at The Movement level one bio-mechanics course at The Movement Minneapolis this past July. My shoulders ground and made audible noises, as they always have, and the left shoulder registered pain. I have not pressed, other than pikes and my first dead-start wall-stand push up Monday AM. Today my left sacro illiac joint was very talkative and knowing full well that my right glute group has gone to sleep since an inguinal hernia was surgically repaired on 20100427, I tested some loaded movement that resembled the presses with torso rotation.

frankie and David Dellanave saw me pressing in the scissor stance, and rotating towards the hip which was flexed. They guided me to press towards the hip that was in extension. This tests well with ROM and feels wonderful on my hip exclusively on the right side. Any variation of the press with my left tests above my baseline range-of-motion, yet not as well as the right. My left side enjoys pulling, maybe to work the weaker scapular area. My left side was trounced in a vehicle accident. That scap was split lengthwise and reformed like a stegosaurus plate. From left to right and top to bottom I trip out when I see how varying degrees of specificity applied to bigger movement lends itself to laying down tissue over tracks of eustress.

No comments:

Post a Comment